ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Friday, July 31, 2015

Basement Family Room...

We have started another pretty big project...
 Our basement family room is getting a makeover.
This has always been our playroom/exercise/Junk room!
It has been a nice place to put all of our extra junk and it's been great for the kids to have a playroom.
Now a few of our kids are moving into their teen years and we have noticed it would be nice to have another area for them to "hang out".  
My husband and I decided we'd like our TV room back on the weekends.

These two agreed and helped my husband start this project...
DEMOLITION!
 They are actually becoming really helpful!
These two made a stage and were dancing to the song "Happy"!
This is when I started feeling "overwhelmed"!
It is amazing how removing the built-in really opened up the room.
It's nice not to come down the stairs and around the corner and feel like you're hitting a wall.
We are going to make this area a "TV" room and the other side will become the air hockey/play area.
We will also be adding a wall of storage.

I can't wait to have our family room be bright and fresh!
I did a post on family rooms that I loved from the Salt Lake Parade of homes last year.  If you'd like to see it, you can find it HERE.
Here are a few of my inspiration photos:

We will either do a smaller version of something like these built-ins...



Or we will just mount our TV on the wall and put a buffet/hutch below it like this:

Or this...

Our wall in the play area will be used for storage.   
We will probably be using the Pax System from Ikea.
Here are a few beautiful ideas for that...



We picked our carpet, couch and paint color.  Now we have to get to work!  
Why is it always so easy to "start" a project?
Then once there is a mess, you realize just how much work it's going to take to complete it and you run out of energy!
Hopefully, this makeover is a much faster project than our KITCHEN REMODEL!

Sharing with these blogs:
The 36th Avenue
Chic On A Shoestring

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information! Really helps. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! This is a an eye opener also to all of us to seriously consider home makeover. It's been said that when traditional meets contemporary, a dull room will never be the same. Further, I admire you to involved your children when doing a rennovation. This is a great way to influence your children at an eary age to value home makeover and your home furniture store Manila.

    ReplyDelete