ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Baby Nursery

We had our 4th baby in April. Who knew adding one more person to the family would cause so many changes. I have a daughter who is 10 & she has a room of her own, our two boys share a room & the third extra bedroom has always been the office. In the middle of the rooms is a loft area which had a couch & TV. It was a great place for the kids. We decided the baby needed it's own room, so here's where the fun began. We had to move the office & some how keep the loft a lounge area too. Since this was our last baby & it was a GIRL...I wanted to make it a really cute nursery. I love the board & batten look. So my husband got to do the hard part & I got to decorate! Her room has turned out to be one of my favorite rooms in the whole house...
It turned out so bright & fresh

I took wooden letters from Hobby Lobby & mod podged some paper on them.

I went with a "bird" theme & found the perfect clock.

My sister in law made the cutest quilt!

Here is the refinished dresser that ended matching the other furniture perfectly.
You can read more about that here.

Keeping with the bird theme, I added a vinyl tree with birds.

This is here little reading corner
(when she's bigger of course)

This is a frame I transformed to put her newborn picture in.

So this is the before
(if only it had always looked this clean!)...
And After...
My next post will be a 'how to' for the board & batten.
I'm linking this to:
Somewhat Simple


 
Pink Hippo Party




iheartnaptime.blogspot.com

Funky Junk Interiors


Tip Junkie handmade projects

Home Stories A2Z























beforeAndAfterButton
Cheap Crafty Mama

31 comments:

  1. Sally! I love this. What a pretty room. I have absolutely the worst decorating sense. My husband always jokes it went to all my sisters and not me. I will have to glean ideas from you. :) We still need to get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to how you did the board and batten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, pretty space!!!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet room. The transformation is really remarkable. I am a new follower from Sundae Scoop. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is fabulous! i love the color combo of the pink and wall color and white board and batten. amazing space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What color did you use for the wall? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks SO fantastic! What a sweet nursery! The bird theme is so fun...I'd be thrilled if you would share this at my 'think pink' party!

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/welcome-to-week-6-of-falling-for-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meagan, We actually had a plaque that had the color & home depot matched it for us. So If you find the color you want to paint the wall with take an example & they'll custom mix it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so sweet! Prettiest details! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for linking to One Artsy Mama! I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous transformation! Love all the little birdie touches and the pink letters are just beautiful. Congrats on another beautiful girl.. still trying to convince my hubby to go for 4!
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party.. can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very calming. congrats on the baby! I love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute room! Congrats! Hi! New follower from the Welcome Wednesday hop! I hope you'll stop by my blog and follow back. Thanks! :) Through the Eyes of a Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG that is such a beautiful nursery. I am in love with that room!

    New Follower from Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop. Hoping you will follow back! =0)
    My Crazy Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute! I am putting the finishing touches on my babies nursery as well so this was really fun for me to see. Really cute! I'll be posting the reveal of her room over the course of the next couple days - hope you can come check it out. Thanks! ~Jenn
    http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet! Baby girl nurseries are so much fun! Thanks for sharing this at the Crazy Cute party!

    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Thanks for linking to Thrifty Thursday. I'm featuring this next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well how cute is baby Sophie's nursery. It looks like it was a lot of fun to complete. I also love the attention to detail. Thanks for stopping by our blog Sally! Hope you find a desk for your little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Soo adorable.. I love it.. She's such a lucky lil joy :)) I'm officially following ya with smiles and would LOVE for you to link up your post to Project Pink Day please. - http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/project-p-i-n-k-countdown.html TY

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stopping by from the ArtsyGirl's pink linky.

    This is so cute! I love how you mixed pink with sophisticated, vintage-looking items like the clock and dark furniture. The room looks so beautiful--not too babyish and not too grown up. Just perfect. Maybe your daughter would like the felt cupcakes I made for Paint the Blog World Pink: http://www.tmuffin.com/2011/10/project-pink-painting-blog-world-pink.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. The nursery is beautiful. I will be featuring it tomorrow night at my Fall into Fall party that opens Tuesday evening at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet nursery! I especially love her name and the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sally this is such a very sweet nursery. I would imagine adding baby 4 changes a lot. Congratulations. Thanks for joining my newbie party. See you later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sally, you guys did a beautiful job of the baby's nursery. So feminine without being too frilly. Love the bird touches. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute room! No more babies for me, but if I were having another girl, this would be an ideal space.
    Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love it!! I want to do board and batten in either my room or my daughter's room. But they're not even on this YEAR'S to do list. Maybe 2013?? Congrats on the bouncing baby girl :) I'm your newest member! If you have a moment I'd love it if you visited me at AllThatBringsJoy.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE! Here's mine: http://megandewitt.blogspot.com/2015/05/diy-faux-taxidermy-elephant-head.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice blog and the details about it really interesting.
    I liked your blog.

    baby handprint kit

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice blog.I like the pictures of your blog and the way to manage the baby nursery is outstanding.

    Nursery in Lebanon

    ReplyDelete