ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WE'VE MADE SOME CHANGES OVER THE YEARS...A LOOK BACK

We moved here seven years ago. It all started when Steve returned home from Iraq. He had been gone for 15 months. The house we were living in was over a half an acre. By the time he got back, I was tired of mowing all that lawn! There also weren't too many other kids in the neighborhood for ours to play with. So we started looking for a new house...I am always doing this anyways, it's kind of my hobby! We kept driving by this house & would call the number & they would say it's under contract. Then one day we were looking at a home & the Realtor sent us an email with other homes we might be interested in. This house was on the list & we asked if it was available. It had been under contract, but the sale had failed that day! Our Realtor suggested we hurry over because it was a short sale. We walked from the entry to the great room & my husband & I both said, "This is the one!" Of course, we ended up with anxiety...Will our house sell in time? Will we be stuck with two house payments? Somehow it all worked out & we got our home.

October 2004

October 2011
A few things we've done to the outside...

1- Put in lawn & a tree up by the door.
(This area was covered in rose bushes, you couldn't even see the front door.)

2-Updated the lights

We got these at Lowe's...I LOVE them!

3-Spray painted the gold kick plate black & replaced the gold door hardware with a bronze color.
 

4-Painted the pole & pink trim white

5-Made & hung black shutters

6-Cleaned up the flower beds & added more plants.
     Of course there are still a few things we hope to add in the future: Painting the stucco,replacing the red brick with rock & my biggest dream...a big front porch!

    Looking back though,
    I can't believe it's the same house!
    Linking to:
    Somewhat Simple
    Fireflies and Jelly Beans
    French Country Cottage
    Frugalicious Friday
    Tickled Pink
    Crafty Scrappy Happy Thursday
    The Shabby Nest
    Simply Designing
    What Have You Redone Every Friday
    Thrifty Thursday
    Fancy Friday: Mel Dreams Often
    Family Ever After
    Funky Junk Interiors
    Craft Envy
    Along For The Ride
    Sundae Scoop@ iheartnaptime.net
    Sisters Sunday Link Party
    Think Pink Sundays@ Flamingo Toes
    DIY Showoff
    Craft-o-maniac
    Creative Bloggers Party Hop
    You Are Talking Too Much
     Amaze Me Monday@Dittle Dattle
    Cure For The Common Monday
    Making The World Cuter
    Ta-Da Tuesday@Mommy by Day Crafter by Night
    Blog Hop@Saved By Love Creations
    Thrifty Decor Chick









    Their buttons are on the right side of my blog if you want to check these great blogs out.


    20 comments:

    1. Your house is gorgeous! Love the Baby Nursey! :)
      Thanks for the new follow! I am your latest follower:)

      ReplyDelete
    2. absolutely beautiful...I love looking at pics of homes...following you back..thanks

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thanks for stopping by Color Outside the Lines so I could find my way back here. I'm now a follower, and love your blog so far! The shutters add so much to your house - great call, and can't wait to see more of your projects!
      A

      ReplyDelete
    4. Following you back. Love what you've done with your home.

      ReplyDelete
    5. You have done a great job! I love the shutters that you added! What a beautiful home you have!

      Ps--I am following you now. Looking forward to getting to know you & your cute blog!

      ReplyDelete
    6. That is awesome! I love seeing transformations - my house actually has a scrapbook because this house was CRAZY! LOVE that you made your shutters - I was thinking of doing that too - now I see them -they are great...and I am not afraid!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Your blog is going to be a big hit! thanks for letting me know about you! And your home is beautiful!!! I've got a weekend link party starting tonight, if you'd ever like to come link up your awesome stuff!

      www.familyeverafterblog.com

      ReplyDelete
    8. Updates like that go a long way! Looks beautiful! Newest follower

      ReplyDelete
    9. I'm so jealous of your square footage! LOL! Your home is gorgeous! I'm your newest follower! :D

      ReplyDelete
    10. You have a lovely home! I love everything you have done. We just redid our Guest bathroom. Take a look .... http://dianewingpurses.blogspot.com/2011/10/big-bathroom-remodel-reveal.html
      I also just became your newest follower. I would love a follow back.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Wow, awesome house improvements! Thanks for following, I'm following back!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Hi Sally!
      Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog! Us "newbies" have got to stick together :) I'm your newest follower!
      I love what I've seen of your home already. Um, gorgeous! Can't wait to see what's to come.
      Amy
      watchmedaddy.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    13. loving the black shutters! darling the way you are making your house your own home...since i started blogging (almost a year ago), i've mentally been able to move into my home as well, because of the changes i've been inspired (by other bloggers) to do to make it my own! i'll be back again! hugs. tracie

      ReplyDelete
    14. Love your beautiful home. I'm your newest follower.

      ReplyDelete
    15. It looks fantastic! I love the new shutters! Great work! (And ps, I like the brick. In case you care to know...) :)

      ReplyDelete
    16. You've done a lot of work. It looks great!

      ReplyDelete
    17. Isn't it amazing what a huge difference the seemingly "little" things make? Nice job!

      ReplyDelete
    18. Looks great, thanks for sharing with the newbie party. Always fun to look back.

      ReplyDelete
    19. Nice Job! Your house looks beautiful. I love the fact that you made your shutters, because I just mentioned making some and my husband just looked at me. I am now a follower from the Newbie Party.

      ReplyDelete
    20. What a beautiful home! You've done a terrific job with it! Thanks for sharing.

      I'm hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays Party and would love for you to drop by and share this post. It's a party for something you made / did / bought sometime Before Blogging. Hope to see you at the party.

      ReplyDelete