ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Friday, September 21, 2012

Halloween Decorations

I love Halloween!  
My kids get so EXCITED & their excitement is contagious!

 I've had this idea for a few years to make covered backs for the shelves in my family room.  
I wanted them to be interchangeable for the different holidays.  
I finally made them this year!  
It all started last weekend when we were at Target & my husband found an outdoor fireplace on clearance for $17 bucks! 
Isn't it cute? 
 It roasts marshmallows perfectly too & The cardboard box came in handy for my shelf idea!
I measured the backs of the shelves, cut my cardboard pieces & wrapped them in black & white polk-a-dot wrapping paper.

These are my shelves before...
Here they are with the decorative backing...
AND
 Here they are all decorated for HALLOWEEN...
 
I love how they turned out!

 My kids thought it was "spook"-tacular! 
 Now I just need to add some candy to my "mummy" dish!

Our family room is officially ready...
We got the witch flying over the moon a few years ago at an after Halloween clearance sale.  
Then I made some paper bats to hang up around her.  It's one of my favorite decorations!

 I always add a fall wreath to the fireplace.
 Then I replace my candles with pumpkins.
 We found our haunted house last year at T.J. Maxx & I've had the cat for years.

I always know we've gone a little crazy when my sister walked in & said, 

15 comments:

  1. LOVE the bookcase decor!! I will be borrowing this idea for the shelves over our fireplace! Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by & for the sweet comment! I hope you'll post pictures on your blog!
      Sally

      Delete
  2. LOVE IT, SALLY! Cutest decorations I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So well put together! Thanks for sharing!
    www.jennymeierevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love those polka dots. I hope you will add it to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party!
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love the house with the black cat! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a change for the bookshelves! Love seasonal decor! Found you via Craft and Tell at Cherished Bliss. Thanks for sharing! I'm over at http://www.simplemum.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your witch, she fits perfect in that spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute - love the polka dots and goes great with the Halloween decor too. Love that witch. How fun! My boys were begging me all day yesterday to pull out the Halloween stuff - guess I better get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the simplicity of the mantel. It really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sally, I laughed out loud when I read what your sister said! Sounds like something my sister would say too. I love your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always fun to get new ideas for spooky Cheap Halloween Decorations. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I love to decorate for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yessssssssss! thanks for these Halloween decoration ideas . This year’s Halloween is going to be more creative and hopefully cheap too. lol :D

    ReplyDelete