ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Friday, September 11, 2015

Big Girl Bedroom {REVEAL}...

My baby turned "4" in April.
It seems like we were just getting her nursery ready!
You can see the post that showed the transformation from office to nursery 
I started talking about her "Big Girl" room about a year ago and showed a few of my "inspiration" photos HERE
I was slow to getting around to sharing the reveal, but here it is!

This is how her room looks now...
I sold the crib and the hutch, which left me with the money to buy her new bed, the bedding and a bookcase for my boys' room.
Then we received a $200.00 gift certificate from RcWilley as a gift because we had spent so much on our appliances when we remodeled our kitchen. 
 That paid for a mattress, I even had a dollar something left on the card!
I got her bed from Ikea...
It was a great price for only $79.95. 
I think it is adorable!
I purchased THIS bedding through Amazon and it was $39.00.
All of the reviews said to buy a size bigger than you need and they were right.  
They didn't sell it in a king, but the full size worked because it is up against the wall, so it doesn't matter if it's short on that side of the bed.
The picture is also from Ikea.  
I moved this from my kitchen when we were switching around furniture in a few rooms.
These are the same letters from her nursery. 

I used plain wood letters from Hobby Lobby and covered them with scrapbook paper and mod podge.
It's still a great focal point for that long wall.


 Her room is one of my favorites in the house, it's so bright and peaceful!
I love the quilt my sister in law made for her too, it still looks great in her room!

I found these flowers on clearance at Gordman's for $6.00, I love how they look real.

Here little desk/nightstand was $10.00.  It used to be bright turquoise, but we painted it a light pink.
 
I had these little frames on her old hutch, so I hung them by her bed and the mirror is from Hobby Lobby.  It was yellow, so I painted it the same color as her desk.
Her little kitchen set matches everything too...
 I'm glad Santa picked one that matches her room!
 Her room is fit for a princess...
It fits her personality perfectly!!
Because I love a good before and after here you go...
{BEFORE}
{AFTER}
 It's a great change!
I'm sharing with these blogs:

21 comments:

  1. Hi Sally! This looks so warm & beautiful! I love the letters and the kitchen is so cute! I'm sure your girl loves it! I have two girls and love to decorate their rooms, it's the Best!
    visiting from Flaunt-it-Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful. Lucky girl. Debbie loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm really impressed! It's so beautifull and such a girlish. Kitchen is amazing & your daughter is a real princess:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally this truly is a room fit for a princess, and she even looks like a princess. Now if only I were her age and could play along with that lovely kitchen set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little girl's room! So elegant and so feminine. And it's so much fun when kids are old enough to appreciate and enjoy their room decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fun when they really do appreciate their room. She always has to show her grandma, aunt and anyone else that comes over! I think it's to get them to stay a little longer, but it's still sweet!

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet room! It really is so soft & feminine. Hope your little girl enjoys her big girl room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That soft sage wall is sophisticated yet dreamy, and the pink lampshade coordinates and contrasts beautifully. It's a room to read in, play in, dream in, live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! It does get a lot of use, she really enjoys it!

      Delete
  8. Very pretty! I love that bed and comforter and the way you incorporated a lot of the elements from her room before.

    I am co-hosting the #HomeMattersParty link party this month and would love to have you stop by for a visit. The door is open through Monday night. http://alaynascreations.co/2015/09/18/home-matters-linky-party-55/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment and I'll stop by your linky party!

      Delete
  9. Sally, it's so lovely! Beautifully done! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/09/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_20.html Hope to see you again tomorrow at the party. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet room for a precious girl! Thanks for sharing this with our Pretty Preppy Party readers. I'm going to feature it as one of my favorites tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little girls room. I have the same bed for my daughter and I'm curious how you skirted this. Would you mind sharing any tips? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughter is adorable and you did a beautiful job on the room! I can't believe that bedding was only $39...what a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty!! I just bought that same spread for my older daughter in a twin. She loves it. Perfect for any age.

    ReplyDelete