ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Monday, August 13, 2012

Exterior Paint {Reveal}

We hired a company to paint our house & after a complete nightmare it is FINALLY over!  
This was such a frustrating process & it took over 2 months for them to finish.
We started out with this...
Which I actually loved, but we had some stucco cracks in the back & decided it was time to fill them in & paint.

Then  the nightmare began & we went to this...
Not only was the door ruined there was paint over spray EVERYWHERE...on the brick, porch, eves, fence, & the back deck.  It was overwhelming. Needless to say, the first crew was fired by the company and we had over $500.00 of reimbursement at the end for the door & the tiles they cracked on my patio furniture. 

Here is the AFTER...
The paint was from Kwal Paints & it is a liquid vinyl paint.  The color is called Wicket.
It was SO hard to pick a color! 
It seems like a lot of them can turn a really purple or green hue...we kept changing our minds right up until the morning they started painting.
We really like how it turned out & were thankful the next crew of painters knew what they were doing & finished it up nicely!

We kept our trim white & painted the shutters and front door black.

They even repainted my deck...
Now that summer is almost over, we feel like we have our house back again!
If you'd like to see some of the changes we've made over the years, you can find it HERE.

I'm sharing with these blogs:

17 comments:

  1. Your house looks fabulous! I love the colors and the clean, crisp yet inviting feel it gives. Your deck looks great too! What city do you live in? It looks beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I love it. It's such a rich color and I absolutely think the trim is perfect. Glad too for your happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it was definitely worth it because your home looks beautiful! Visiting from the Chic on a Shoestring party!

    sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry it took so long for your house to be done. Hubs and I always have such bad luck whenever we hired contractors - ends up costing us double! I do really love the color and it does look so much more richer! Glad for you it's over and looking so good! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new paint job looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks fabulous, and love how the shutters and the door pop. i wish the boyfriend would let me paint our brick home, but he is totally against it. i love the neutrality and modern look of your new exterior!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! It looks gorgeous now! It is hard to pick a paint color...you have to see how it looks at all hours and also consider the seasons. Glad you got a better crew and at least the company fired them and reimbursed you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing. Thanks so much for linking up and linking back. Please consider linking up some other projects since to be a weekly winner and finalist you must have done the work yourself. You are welcome to link as man projects as you like! :) also, be sure to like us on FB for contest updates.
    https://www.facebook.com/OneProjectCloser

    ReplyDelete
  9. After all the worries, decisions and disappointments, I think that everything has fallen into their respective places. In your case, a new look for your front house! The Kwal paint definitely suits your house. It complements the black shutters and the color of the roof shingles. Although, when I was reading your previous post about this, I was rooting for the brown color. But, I think you made a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Choosing the color for exterior painting is a bit difficult, but you can also consult with company for this purpose and they are skilled enough to make everything perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two months was quite long for repainting, Sally. I’m just glad it’s over, and you can just think of that moment as a distant dream, especially that of the door. It’s a good thing it’s located at the back of the house. I love the color you’ve picked for it. Dark shades always work. Somehow, they give a touch of character to a house. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I absolutely love the exterior painting work that you had done. The deck looks fantastic! I'm an exterior painter in Cambridge MA, and we do very similar quality work. It's often difficult to find a local painting contractor that can do such a great job, so I'm glad you were able to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is is such a wonderful blog that I really appreciate, but aside from this I'm looking forward to see the blogsite of exterior painting Edmonton.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks marvelous. I like the color choise a lot.

    painting santa cruz

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My wife thinks that we need to repaint our house. I don't think that she gets that would be a really hard process. I don't even know if that is possible to do, I'd love to talk to somebody to find out what I can do about this. http://www.forsspainting.com/portfolio/

    ReplyDelete