ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Decorating With Garland

I've found that garland is a cheap and easy way to decorate for the holidays.
 I got my garland at Michaels for 50% off, so it came to about $8.00.  
With one garland I was able to make:
A little wreath...
I just cut the length I needed and used a twist tie to secure it into the shape of a wreath and hung it with a striped ribbon.  It worked perfect for the chalkboard in my KITCHEN.

A swag for my entryway...
I cut two pieces the same size length and twisted it with a tie at the top and added a ribbon.
 
Decorations for my baskets...
I cut these smaller pieces and used metal twine from the dollar store to secure them to the baskets.

I also used one more garland to decorate my TREE...
A garland cut into smaller pieces goes a long way on your tree.

I even had some left to decorate my clock ...

I also added some greenery to my lanterns on our MANTLE...
This is a great time to purchase your garlands for next year because a lot of them start to go on clearance. 
It's amazing how many different items you can make with one strand of garland.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifull accent. U have a great taste! I love your house:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute & creative. Love your flocked tree!

    ReplyDelete