ShareThis


I'm a stay at home mom of 4 cute kids. I love anything that has to do with homes & decorating. My husband Steve often gets recruited into helping me finish things that I start! We are making our house a "HOME" one project at a time!!

Grab My Button
Grab button for Love of Homes

Blog Archive

Blogs I Love


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Framed Key Decor...

Today was one of those days that I started switching around my decorations...it must be spring fever! 
Then I got the idea to make this.

I really love how it turned out & I decided to hang it on the hall tree in my entry way. 
It was a nice change from the wreath I usually hang there.

I love using stuff that I already have around the house to change things up a bit...

All I did to make this was:
 -Take a frame & remove the glass front.
-Line the frame with scrapbook paper of your choice.

-Then I took this key that I got from Hobby Lobby a while ago & tied a long piece of  ribbon to the top of it.
-Then I wrapped it around the top of the frame & replaced the backing to the frame.
-Hang it from the hook with the ribbon & tie a bow.
 I didn't even glue the key to the paper so I can switch the key & the paper out for other holidays if I decide too!

This spring fever has me wanting to rearrange everything...I just wish it could motivate me to clean out a few closets instead!

I'm sharing with these blogs:
The 36th Avenue
The Sasse Life
Thrifty Decorating
Fireflies & Jellybeans
Somewhat Simple
Kristen's Creations
At The Picket Fence
2805
Chic On A Shoe String
Funky Junk Interiors
Get Schooled Saturday
Craftomaniac
Sisters Of The Wild West
The Girl Creative
At Home With K

13 comments:

  1. I love it!! As I think I've mentioned before, we have the same type of entry way, where the stairs are off to the right. I wish I could find a hutch type thing like you have to add to mine. For now, I am going to go crazy remove a mirror and add a COAT RACK!! (a cool Hobby Lobby find!)...

    Love the key and the entire craft idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very creative! Everything looks great. I am a new Follower of your Blog. Thanks for becoming a Follower of my Blog.
    Judy - JUDY H-J'S THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I have some keys that I have been meaning to do something similar with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like this! Great idea. Love the yellow scrap paper you used.
    Visiting via Sunday social blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am crazy for keys....probably need some therapy to explore it...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this project of yours! Thanks for sharing the idea. I'm your new follower on Linky. I'd love if you can follow me too :D

    Thanks
    Witha @ http://withapinkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh....old keys are so pretty! Very nice job!
    Please come by my linky party hapening now to link it up - I would love to see you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool! Love that big key!! I had bought a few small keys a few months back from Michael's dollar section...but haven't had the chance to do anything with them. Thanks for the inspiration:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Their size are huge compare to the usual, but they look nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Visiting from the UBP '12 and we have the same blog layout so of course i knew you were fabulous :) Love this key frame, such an awesome antique key! Im your newest follower and cant wait to see more! you can find me at http://projecthousewifebyrachael.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete